The Knoll Law Firm
Welcome to the Knoll Law Firm
Welcome to The Knoll Law Firm LLC. We are a professional organization that is dedicated to advocacy and passionate for change. We specialize in employment and civil rights as well as access to places of public accommodation for people with disabilities.
We successfully represent our clients in several areas including:
- Employment discrimination
- Equal Pay Act
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)
- Employment contract negotiations
- Non-compete agreements
- Severance package agreements
- Small business consulting
- Access for people with disabilities to Places of Public Accommodation (ADA)
- Education accommodations for people with disabilities (ADA)
- Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Employer intentional torts (injury in the workplace due to intentional unsafe practices)
Our firm is based in Columbus, Ohio but we serve clients throughout the state as well as the Sixth Circuit.
Initial phone consultations are complimentary. Please either call our office, or fill out the form here on our site to discuss your case with us.
We look forward to serving you.
Laren E. Knoll, Esq.
Disclaimer: This material and information was prepared by The Knoll Law Firm, LLC for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Transmission of the information included on this site does not constitute an attorney-client or business relationship between the sender and receiver. Online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.
Laren Knoll’s legal career is rooted in service to the individual. With degrees in English, Social Work and Law, Laren’s focus has always been on advocacy. After working in a boutique firm where she excelled, Laren started her own firm in 2002, focusing on employment law and rights for people with disabilities. Today, The Knoll Law Firm serves clients all over Ohio in several areas of employment law and ADA compliance. She also has had cases in other locations of the Sixth Circuit. Laren has litigated cases in the federal and state court systems.
Laren received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Education from Emory & Henry College in 1990. She earned a Master’s of Science degree in Social Work from the University of Tennessee in 1994. In 1998, Laren received her Juris Doctor from the Ohio Northern University School of Law.
Honors and Leadership:
- Certified Specialist in Labor and Employment Law, Ohio State Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2007 – Present
- Ohio “Rising Star” Super Lawyer, 2006 – 2008, Cincinnati Magazine
- Ohio Super Lawyer, 2011 – 2013
- President of the Columbus Employment Lawyers Association, 2008 – Present
- Chairperson, Newsletter Committee, Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, 2006 – 2013
- Executive Board Member, Ohio Employment Lawyers Association, 2006 – Present
- Speaker on Employer Intentional Tort, Ohio Employment Lawyers Association annual seminar, 2006
- Speaker on “What’s New with the ADA in the Sixth Circuit in 2012?”, Columbus Bar Association, October 2012
Admitted to Practice:
- State of Ohio 1999
- State of Tennessee 2004
- Supreme Court of the United States of America 2004
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio 2004
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- Columbus Employment Lawyers Association
- Ohio State Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)
- Columbus Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section)